Estimated time required to complete this prerequisite: 15 minutes.
Helpful documents to have handy:
- 2009-10 state reported CBEDS data (by grade);
- 2010-11 state reported CBEDS data (by grade);
- Any enrollment projections that you have prepared.
- Log into your Budget Explorer user account and double click the projection that you have created to load it for editing.
- Click 3 ¦ Enr/ADA/Staffing (at the top of the screen).
- Referencing your 2009-10 CBEDS data, review the 2009-10 column of the Enrollment table to ensure that it has the correct values.
- Referencing your 2010-10 CBEDS data, review the 2010-11 column of the Enrollment table to ensure that it has the correct values.
- If you found it necessary to change any of the data in the 2009-10 or 2010-11 columns, feel free to click the Calculate Future Years Only button in the upper-left corner.
- Review and if necessary change the values in the Base Year and both projected year columns. The most important thing here is to ensure that you are comfortable with the totals in each of the projected year columns, since projected enrollment patterns will impact a variety of expenditure accounts (not the least of which is teacher salaries!).
- When you are finished, click the Save icon when you are finished entering and editing your enrollment data. Note: The Save icon looks like a small blue diskette in the upper-right corner of the screen.