The LCFF Calculator has been produced to the best of our ability based on the information that is currently available to our development working group, FCMAT and our colleagues in the California Department of Education. While the state transitions to the Local Control Funding Formula, it is likely that there will be additional changes in policy and in the fiscal application of the law that will affect the function of the Calculator. This, in turn, will impact budget development and fiscal projections at districts and charter schools. As those changes become available, FCMAT will revise the Calculator and provide the field with update notification using the new LCFF Listserve.
The LCFF Calculator, Calculator Caveats, LCFF Listserve Subscription, LCFF Online Help Desk, and CALPADS Reports & LCFF Self-paced Training links are accessible below. The Calculator Caveats link provides access to “Calculator Caveats,” an attempt to identify known issues, assumptions and unique situations that are common to this version of the LCFF Calculator, which have been updated to reflect current conditions. Please consider the information contained in this document when using the LCFF Calculator. The LCFF Listserve link provides access to our Listserve subscription page where three new Listserve mailing lists have been created. Each of these new Listserve mailing lists has been created to support dialog focused on matters specifically related to the Local Control Funding Formula and the unique application to school district, dependent charter school, independent charter school, and county office of education calculations. The LCFF Online Help link provides access to FCMAT’s free online help desk, created to assist in providing committed support to users related to questions pertaining to the Local Control Funding Formula. The CALPADS Reports & LCFF Self-paced Training link provides users guidance on CALPADS reporting data used in the Local Control Funding Formula.
Thank you to the Business and Administration Steering Committees (BASC), the External Services Subcommittee of the BASC (ESSCO), the Calculator Working Group, the Marin County Office of Education, the California Department of Finance, and the administration and staff of the California Department of Education for their support and work in the development of the LCFF Calculator.
The LCFF Calculator has been optimized for use with Microsoft Excel versions 2007 and later. If you are using an earlier version of Excel you must first download and install the appropriate updates from Microsoft in order to open, edit and save the calculations. This link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074 will provide you or your IT staff with the information needed to install these updates.
August 14, 2018 (optional)
- Corrects the historical calculation of the Necessary Small School Add-on Allowance in 2013-14 if the necessary small school is based on prior year ADA. NOTE: This will not change the total 2018-19 funding.
- Note: This update will not cause a change to total 2018-19 funding.
July 24, 2018 (optional)
- Allows entry of the locally calculated EPA accrual to better project Objects 8012 and 8019 for Unaudited Actual preparation. Entry is on the Assumptions tab.
July 7, 2018 (required for the four LEAs specified below)
- Corrects an error in fiscal years 2013-14 through 2017-18 where the prior year guarantee ADA equals the current year ADA.
- Mandatory update for the following LEAS:
- Central Union Elementary (63883)
- Winship-Robbins Elementary (71456)
- Rockford Elementary (72090)
- Santa Clara Elementary (72579)
v19.2a June 28, 2018
- Updated prefilled assumptions (State Budget):
17-18 18-19 19-20 20-21 21-22 22-23 Statutory COLA 1.56% 2.71% 2.57% 2.67% 3.42% 3.26% Augmentation 0.00% 0.99% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Gap Funding 42.96644273% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% Education Protection Account 25.89051467% 25.89% 25.89% 25.89% 25.89% 25.89%
- Updated Principal Apportionment exhibits for 2015-16 ANR3, 2016-17 ANR1, and 2017-18 P2 and EPA exhibits for 2017-18 4th Quarter
- Separated the Statutory COLA and LCFF Augmentation on the Assumptions worksheet.
- Separated the P-2 and Annual EPA estimate to better estimate the 2018-19 prior year adjustment from 2017-18.
- Added COLA, gap and EPA rates and enrollment to the Summary page.
PRIOR Version 19 HISTORY
v19.1b June 1, 2018
The update to is required if all of the following conditions apply:
- the LEA is a school district and
- the LEA either has not met the 24:1 K-3 pupil-to-teacher ratio in the past or wishes to project a revenue estimate for not meeting the 24:1 K-3 pupil-to-teacher ratio in the future.
The projection of Education Protection Account (EPA) funding between the revenue objects 8012 and 8019 has also been improved in v19.1b. Please see the EPA and Summary tabs for more details.