The SCFF Calculator has been produced to the best of our ability based on the information that is currently available to our development working group, FCMAT and our colleagues in the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO).
While the state transitions to the Student Centered Funding Formula, it is likely that there will be additional changes in policy and in the fiscal application of the law that will affect the function of the Calculator. This, in turn, will impact budget development and fiscal projections at community college districts. As those changes become available, FCMAT will revise the Calculator and provide the field with updates using this webpage.
The SCFF Calculator, Online Help Desk, and other related links are accessible below. The Online Help link provides access to FCMAT’s free online help desk, created to assist in providing committed support to users related to questions pertaining to the use of the Student Centered Funding Formula Calculator.
Thank you to Cambridge West Partnership, LLC. (CW/P), the California Department of Finance, and the administration and staff of the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office for their support and work in the development of the SCFF Calculator.
The SCFF Calculator has been optimized for use with Microsoft Excel versions 2016 and later.
July 3, 2019 (required for all districts)
- Updated prefilled 2018-19 data to Chancellor’s Office P-2 certification
- 2019-20 Budget changes will be in version 20.3, tentatively scheduled for release on Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
Prior Version History
May 10, 2019 (required for all districts)
- Updated prefilled assumptions, May Revise
19-20 20-21 21-22 Statutory COLA 3.26% 3.00% 2.80%
- Basic Allocation correction: beginning in 2019-20 basic allocation was underestimated by 2.909%.
- Two versions of the calculator are now available: one with macros for additional functionality, the other without macros.
May 3, 2019 (required for all districts)
- Prefilled district data is now based on April R1 certification. For growth districts, update your local growth rate to match the R1 certification.
- Automated stability, restoration and growth funding calculations
- 2018-19 funding calculation updated